The Student Government Association (SGA) is a student-led organization that represents the interest of the student body of Criswell College by supporting students, student-led organizations, their community, and academic endeavors.
Plan of Action
- Semester meetings scheduled for SGA Leadership Cabinet and Criswell College’s Executive Cabinet to bring the college up-to-date on student body issues.
- Semester meetings scheduled for House of Representatives and their constituencies (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to discuss important matters of the student body as in accordance with House Bill 1.8.
SGA Governing Branches and Work
The SGA operates off a three-branch system of government. The House of Representatives is led by the Speaker of the House and holds the legislative powers of the government. The Supreme Court provides judicial oversight and is led by the Chief Justice. The Executive Branch holds the executive powers of the Government and is responsible for day to day operations. The executive branch consists of the President’s Cabinet.
The beginning of each academic year marks the start of each session of Government. The Student Government meets for monthly assemblies where they consider legislation and SGA-wide matters.
- House Judiciary Committee
- Runnin’ Man Task Force
- Elections Commission
Current College Committees with an SGA Member
- Campus Safety Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
- SGA Presidents Joint Committee on Diversity
With celebrating 50 years since the founding of our beloved institution and a new dorm coming in the Spring of ’21, there is plenty to celebrate. However, with that celebration comes the call to serve. Student government has the opportunity to do just that: serve students and by that serve our home, Criswell College.