The Student Government Association (SGA) is a student-led organization that represents the interest of the student body of Criswell College by supporting students, student-led organizations, their community, and academic endeavors.
The SGA was founded in the Fall of 2019.
Plan of Action
- Semester meetings scheduled for SGA Leadership Cabinet and Criswell College’s Executive Cabinet to bring the college up-to-date on student body issues.
- Semester meetings scheduled for House of Representatives and their constituencies (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to discuss important matters of the student body as in accordance with House Bill 1.8.
SGA Governing Branches and Work
The SGA operates off a three-branch system of government. The House of Representatives is led by the Speaker of the House and holds the legislative powers of the government. The Supreme Court provides judicial oversight and is led by the Chief Justice. The Executive Branch holds the executive powers of the Government and is responsible for day to day operations. The executive branch consists of the President’s Cabinet.
The beginning of each academic year marks the start of each session of Government. The Student Government meets for monthly assemblies where they consider legislation and SGA-wide matters.
- House Judiciary Committee
- Runnin’ Man Task Force
- Elections Commission
- SGA Presidents Joint Committee on Diversity
- SGA Presidents Commission on Mental Health Resources
Current College Committees with an SGA Member
- Campus Safety Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
President: Edward Meshell
Chief of Staff: Hayden Parmar (Contact SGA at email@example.com)
This year, SGA is being led by a spirit of dedication to the service of students. Every member of this fourth session has answered a call to service and is working every day, being guided by a bold vision, carrying out new initiatives, and delivering on the mission of this organization. Together, we are working diligently to put Student Government to work for students.