Your student portal is an important resource that you will use throughout your time here at Criswell. From your portal, you can do the following:
- Pre-register for classes each semester
- View your billing ledger and view/accept financial aid awards
- View your final grades for each semester
- View an unofficial copy of your college transcript
- View your class schedule and course information
- Search a listing of ministerial and non-ministerial job openings
Student Criswell Email
- Your Criswell email account is the primary place where you will receive email correspondence from the faculty and administration of the college. You are responsible for regularly checking your Criswell email and responding in an appropriate and timely manner. Please take the time to read the college’s Student Email Policy
If your professors use Canvas, this is the place where you will be able to do some or all of the following:
- Access course syllabi
- Interact with your professors
- Upload assignments and take tests, quizzes, and other evaluations
- Monitor your assignment grades throughout the semester
- Dialogue with other students in your classes
Click on the Canvas Login document which provides instructions on the different ways to access Canvas and set up a login password.
Q: What if I forget my Canvas username?
A: Your Canvas username and Sonis ID are the same. If you need to reset your password for Canvas, contact the IT Office at email@example.com for instructions on resetting the password.
Q: What if I forget my email password, or Sonis Student Portal PIN?
A: If you forget your student portal PIN, you may submit a PIN reset request from the login page by selecting the “Forgot your ID and/or PIN?” link below the login area. A PIN reset link will be emailed to your student email account. You must use your Criswell Student Email address.
If you forget your student email password, you may select the “Forgot my password” link in the Office 365 “Enter password” window. Once you complete that process, the IT Office will be notified to process the request. If you do not receive the temporary password, contact the IT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting a support ticket at the bottom of the page.
Q: What if I receive a message that my Sonis account has been disabled?
A: If your student portal becomes locked or disabled, please contact the IT Office at email@example.com, or by phone at 214-818-1358 to report the issue, and have your account unlocked. Or you may submit a support ticket at the bottom of this page. You may be asked to verify your identity when contacting the IT Office.
Q: When will my classes show up in my student portal and Canvas accounts?
A: Your classes will be listed in your Sonis student portal once you are registered for classes. Your classes will be posted to Canvas when the professor publishes the course.
Q: Does Canvas have a mobile app?
A: Yes. The login for the Canvas Student app is the same as the login for Canvas on the web. You will use your Sonis ID as the Canvas User ID and the same password you use to login to Canvas on the web.
Q: Do I have to use the Google Authenticator app for Sonis two-factor authentication?
A: Yes. Currently, other authenticator apps DO NOT work with Sonis. You must also have the Google Authenticator app open on your phone when logging in to Sonis. You will use the verification code that is displaying at the time of login. If you need to have the authentication settings for your Sonis account reset, contact the IT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criswell Tech Support
You may submit your inquiries regarding Canvas, SONIS, Student Email, or any other IT related questions to email@example.com.