Criswell 360° is our Common Student Experience, a sequence of classroom and campus activities that is both challenging and supportive, crafted to ensure that every student is able to develop within themselves the core values of the college.
Criswell 360° equips Criswell students to serve the world as leaders who are Ambassadors, Cultivators, Peacemakers, Problem Solvers, and Professionals.
Year 1: Freshmen Grow
Throw yourself into the Criswell challenge. Start with a general education like no other—a first major in Bible & Theology, actually. Intense seminars and moving experiences. You will:
- Sharpen your questions and understanding of difficult texts
- Give voice to your thinking through frequent writing
- Consult with professors as you form your course of study
- Shape your words for different audiences
- Form teams to tackle more complex projects
- Leverage what you learn from the experiences of your fellow students
- Dig deeper and weigh the information you find more precisely
- Cultivate the skills, mindset, and habits that produce success in college and beyond
Year 2: Sophomores Go
Go out into the world on a global service opportunity. Test yourself. Learn from experience. Take your place in the learning community. Wind up your first major in Bible & Theology. Declare your second major.
- Experience global issues first-hand
- Talk face-to-face with people working to understand and solve problems in their communities
- Apply all that you’re learning to the real world
- Reflect on your experiences, share your reflections, grow together
- Seek understanding with people whose culture, lives, and worldviews differ from yours
- Confer with your professors about your best academic path
- Clarify and claim your major
Year 3: Juniors Serve
Bring your passion to ministries closer to home. Serve your neighbors. Become a mentor to younger scholars. Shape the future—yours and those around you.
- Experience local issues first-hand
- Work alongside partners grappling with our local problems
- Bring all you’ve learned to new challenges in the classroom and in the community
- Cultivate common ground—reflecting, listening, speaking
- Study closely with professors in your major
- Consult with alumni in your chosen career
Year 4: Seniors Launch
Launch your ministry, using everything you’ve learned and experienced. Through opportunities chosen for your program, enter your professional life fully prepared to be a Christian leader in your calling.
- Refine your professional skills through one or more internships
- Turn the career advice of alumni and professors into a career plan
- Create a capstone project that integrates and applies all you’ve learned
- Curate your Criswell work, including your reflections on your experiences and learning, into an ePortfolio
- Edit and shape your ePortfolio for your future employers