Criswell College’s mission, values, and goals define why we are here, who we are, and where we are going. The College’s mission statement drives our institutional planning, affecting both curricular and co-curricular activities. It shapes everything from our financial goals and plans, to our hiring decisions and marketing strategies, and provides purpose and vision to our everyday tasks. Most importantly, however, it shapes the Criswell student experience, equipping all our students – whether their plans are to serve in traditional paid ministry, in some other career, or a combination of both – to influence the culture for Christ.
The mission of Criswell College is to provide ministerial and professional higher education for men and women preparing to serve as Christian leaders throughout society, while maintaining an institutional commitment to biblical inerrancy.
Certain values have been at the core of Criswell College throughout its history, driving not only what we do but why we do it. The emphases and applications have adapted as culture has changed, but they have always provided a baseline for the College’s mission.
The Christian faith is defined by Scripture, so our commitment to doctrinal integrity is grounded in our affirmation of Scripture’s inerrancy. Every other doctrinal position as expressed in our Articles of Faith is rooted in this conviction.
Christianity entails emulating a Savior who descended to serve people—some who were already faithful, some who became disciples, and even those who were His enemies. We understand that service means seeing, respecting, and understanding the needs of people often overlooked, in addition to those we are already inclined to serve. We are committed to reaching others with the good news and love of Jesus Christ.
Christian education integrates challenging intellectual interaction with exposure to demonstrable expertise in an environment that is tailored to produce lifelong learners. We value the key ingredients of an exemplary academic environment, including faculty excellence, educational best practices, and a supportive network committed to student success.
Christians are called to testify to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and embody the reality and goodness of the Kingdom of God. Our hope for the transformation of the world ultimately depends on the return of Christ, and we are committed to testifying to that hope by engaging culture rather than running from or warring against it. We value Christian leadership that shapes the ideas and ideals of society through engagement both in and beyond the church.
Criswell College’s institutional goals represent its fundamental ambitions and are the basis of departmental planning and operation. All departments establish outcomes that contribute to the fulfillment of each institutional goal.
Goal 1: Provide a more engaging and supportive experience for our students
- Fully implement a common student experience
- Achieve sufficient enrollment in all academic programs for an optimal student experience
- Expand mental health resources for students
- Improve student support workflows and student communications among the College’s departments
- Improve the accessibility of campus facilities and resources
Goal 2: Grow enrollment while providing support and resources for sustainability
- Grow enrollment through retention efforts and the admission of more students likely to succeed
- Develop and implement an employee onboarding and professional development process
- Develop and implement a data analysis process that better supports decision-making
- Create and begin implementing a long-term site development plan that includes a more collegiate campus environment
Goal 3: Develop and strengthen the College’s network of relationships
- Strengthen the support of diverse populations through curriculum, programming, and staffing
- Strengthen the identity of alumni and our relationship with them
- Strengthen and expand relationships with organizations and institutions
- Develop an institutional communications strategy and create and begin implementing annual communications plans