The Wallace Library, named for Mr. and Mrs. Robert Wallace, was the original Gaston Avenue Baptist Church building. Built in 1904, and renovated in the late 1980s, this stately, three-story edifice houses most of the College's collection of books and learning resources. The library is the primary landmark of the College's campus.
The library has three floors. The first floor contains the circulating collection, periodicals, a copier, and two group study rooms. The second floor has the library entrance, circulation counter, new books, reference section, and a lounge study space. The third floor contains more study space and a small computer lab. This floor also houses Dr. Criswell’s personal office and library relocated from his home in Dallas.
Library facilities are intended primarily for student and faculty use, although they are also available to the public on a limited basis. Users have access to approximately 75,000 volumes, online databaes, over 500 periodical titles, and bibliographical aids.
Wallace Library is a member of TexShare, a statewide consortium of academic and public libraries administered by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Through the TexShare program students and faculty can borrow materials directly from other libraries that participate in the TexShare program.
Become a subscriber and look forward to receiving university news, information on courses, events and more!