Hope for the Heart Chair of Biblical Counseling and Professor of Counseling & Psychology
2004 D.Min. (Pastoral Ministries), Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary
Dissertation: "Examining the Counseling and Religious Values of Master's Level Counseling Students: A National Study"
1995 Ed.D. (Counseling; Minor: Psychology), Texas A&M University-Commerce
Dissertation: "From Stress Seminar to a Foundation of Care for Missionaries in Central and Eastern Europe"
- 1992 M.S. (Counseling; Minor: Psychology), Texas A&M University-Commerce
- 1989 M.Div. (Theology), Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- 1986 B.S. (Psychology; Minor: Business Administration), Texas A&M University
- 2014-Present Executive Director of Christian Counseling Associates
- 2013-Present Hope for the Heart Chair of Biblical Counseling, Criswell College
- 2008-2013 Executive Director of Counseling Ministries, Hope for the Heart
- 2006-2008 Dean of Students, Criswell College
- 2003-2008 Licensed Christian Counselor and Supervisor, Pathways Christian Counseling Center, First Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas
- 1995-2003 Southern Baptist Missionary, International Mission Board
- 1990-1995 Pastor, First Baptist Church, Gober, Texas
- 1986-1989 Youth Minister, Hilltop Baptist Church, Burleson, Texas
- More than a Sermon: The Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements of God’s Chosen Servant. A 400-page interactive study emphasizing pastoral ministries and Christian counseling, Richmond: Virginia, International Mission Board, 2002. This work has been published in English, Croatian, and Russian. It is also available on CD-ROM for pastors who are unable to attend traditional Christian colleges and seminaries.
- Make Believers: Ending the Pretending to Live “Happily Ever After,” Grand Prairie: Texas, Hannibal Books, January, 2006.
- Homeland Insecurity: America’s Top Threats to Peace and Security at Home, seeking publication.
- “Family and Religious Values of Masters Level Counseling Students: A National Study,” Counseling and Religious Values, October, 1996.
- “2 Fast and 2 Furious: A 3-Step Cure for Kicking the Habit of Hurry,” Pastor’s Line, March, 2004.
- “The Pain of Coming Home: Is there Life after Missions?” Evangelical Missions Quarterly, April, 2005.
- Book Reviews, Criswell Theological Review.
- ACSI Regional Event 2007
- Exodus International 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Christian Counselors of Texas State Conference 2012
- India Pastoral Training and Marriage and Family Conference 2011
- International Speaker at Annual Group Meetings for the International Mission Board in Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Siberia, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania 1995-2003.
- Busy Signals: Examining Stress, Exhaustion and Burnout
- Blues Clues: Signs and Interventions for Discouragement and Depression
- Rage Reviews: Examining Anger, Resentment and Rage
- Fight the Good Fight: Dealing with Conflict in the Church and in the Home
- Love One Another: Improving Your Interpersonal Relationships and Skills
- Set Your Spirit Free: Stress Management from a Biblical Perspective
- Porn to be Wild: Breaking Free from the Trap of Pornography and Sexual Sin
- Rediscovering Intimacy in Christian Marriage
- Marriage: To Have and to Hold
- Homosexuality: A Case of Mistaken Identity
- Guilt Trip: Taking a U-Turn from Shame to Grace
Licenses, Certifications, and Professional Organizations
- Licensed and ordained to the ministry, May 1986, Hilltop Baptist Church, Burleson, Texas
- Licensed Professional Counselor, State of Texas
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Supervisor, State of Texas
- National Certified Counselor, National Board of Certified Counselors, Greensboro, NC
- International Professional Biblical Counselor, Association of Christian Counselors
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors
- Chi Sigma Iota- Past president, International Honor Society of Counselors and Counseling Education
- Who’s Who Among Teachers, 2006-2007
- Past President, North Dallas Chapter of Christian Counselors of Texas 2011
- State President Elect of Christian Counselors of Texas, 2013-2014
- Member of Executive Board Christian Counselors of Texas, 2011 to present
- State President of Chrstian Counselors of Texas, 2014-Present