Kevin R. Warstler
Associate Professor of Hebrew & Old Testament
- 2004 Ph.D. (Old Testament Studies), Dallas Theological Seminary; Dissertation: "The Significance of Human Response in the Lament and Complaint Psalms."
- 1995 Th.M. (New Testament), Dallas Theological Seminary; Thesis: "The Law of Love in Matthew 5:43-48."
- 1989 B.A. (Pre-seminary Bible and Chemistry), Cedarville College, Cedarville, OH
- 2010-present Associate Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2008-2010 Assistant Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2004-2008 Adjunct Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2006-present Adjunct Professor of Old Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, TX
- Nahum, Habakkuk, and Zephaniah. Evangelical Exegetical Commentary on the Bible. Edited by H. Wayne House. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software. (Forthcoming)
- Study Notes for Psalms 1-75, the Holman CSB Study Bible, Holman Bible Publishers, 2010.
- Editorial Committee, Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), Holman Bible Publishers, 2000-2004.
- Book and Journal Article Reviews, Criswell Theological Journal and Bibliotheca Sacra, 2005-present.
Significant Activities of Service
- Guest Speaker and Visiting Sunday School Teacher, various churches, Dallas, TX, 1996-present.
- Bible Teacher, Friday Morning Bible Class at Highland Baptist Church, Dallas, TX, 2002.
- Bible Teacher, Glen Lakes Bible Study, Dallas, TX, 2003-2007.
- Topics in Biblical Studies: Introduction to the Septuagint
- Hebrew I
- Hebrew II
- Hebrew Exegetical Method I
- Hebrew Exegetical Method II
- Hebrew Reading
- New Testament Introduction I
- New Testament Introduction II
- New Testament Introduction (MACL)
- Topics in New Testament: New Testament Overview
- Old Testament Backgrounds
- Old Testament Survey I
- Old Testament Survey II
- Old Testament Intensive: I & II Samuel
- Old Testament Intensive: Deuteronomy
- Old Testament Intensive: Ecclesiastes
- Old Testament Intensive: Exodus
- Old Testament Intensive: Ezra, Nehemiah & Esther
- Old Testament Intensive: Ezekiel
- Old Testament Theology
- Old Testament Intensive: Exploring God's Justice in the Minor Prophets
- Old Testament Intensive: Jeremiah
- American Schools of Oriental Research (ASOR)
- Evangelical Theological Society (ETS)
- Institute for Biblical Research (IBR)
- The International Organization for Septuagint and Cognate Studies (IOSCS)
- National Association of Professors of Hebrew (NAPH)
- Society of Biblical Literature (SBL)