Assistant Professor of Theology
- 2014 Ph.D. (Theological Studies), Dallas Theological Seminary
- 2004 Th.M. (Historical Theology), Dallas Theological Seminary
- 1993 B.S. (Marine Engineering), U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
- Fall 2013-Present Assistant Professor of Theology, Criswell College
- Fall 2010-Spring 2013 Adjunct Professor, Criswell College
- Summer 2007 Guest Instructor, Evangelical Theological Seminary of India, Asian Christian Academy
- 2004-2009 Substitute Teacher, Dallas Independent School District
- Fall 2003 Instructor, Dallas Theological Seminary-Center for Biblical Studies
Other Academic and Ministry Experience
- 2001-2013 Research Assistant to the Director of Theological Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary
- 2009-Present Adult Sunday School Teacher (Permanent and substitute; Guest speaker on Wednesday evenings; Teacher in Discipleship University), First Baptist Church of Dallas
- 2006-2010 Administrator; 2006-present Guest Teacher Leader Formation International
- 2001-2010 Northwest Bible Church (Teacher of Bible, theology, and church history classes for adults; Teacher and storyteller for children; Bible teacher for the teens and young adults at Hidalgo, a cross-cultural ministry serving families in North Dallas; Member of the team which assisted the Senior Pastor in developing sermon series)
- 1999-2001 Dallas Central Church of the Nazarene (Licensed minister; Adult Bible study teacher; Sunday school teacher; Substitute preacher)
- 1994-1999 Burlington-Willston Church of the Nazarene (Sunday School Ministries Board member; Adult Ministries Director overseeing implementation of the small groups ministry; Teen Bible-quizzing program assistant)
- “History of Interpretation,” with D. Jeffrey Bingham, Henoch 34 (2012): 193–4.
- Review of Introducing Theological Interpretation of Scripture: Recovering a Christian Practice by Daniel J. Treier, with Glenn R. Kreider in Bibliotheca Sacra 168 (January–March 2011), 109–11.
- Routledge Companion to Early Christian Thought, editorial assistant to D. Jeffrey Bingham (London: Routledge, 2010).
- “Contra Usarios,” “Oratio consolatoria in Pulcheriam,” “Oratio funebris in Meletium,” “Oratio funebris in Flacillam imperatricem,” in Diccionario de San Gregorio de Nisa, ed. by Lucas Fransisco Mateo-Seco and Giulio Maspero (Burgos, Spain: Monte Carmelo, 2006), in Italian translation—Dizionario Gregorio di Nissa (Roma: Città Nuova, 2007), and in English translation—Dictionary of Gregory of Nyssa (Brill, 2010).
- “Amos,” with D. Jeffrey Bingham, in Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception, ed. H. –J. Klauck et al. (Berlin: deGruyter, 2008).
- “Eusebius of Caesarea,” with D. Jeffrey Bingham, in Dictionary of Major Biblical Interpreters,ed. by Donald K. McKim (Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2007), 421–6.
- “Finding Access in Prohibition: Genesis 3 As Eschatological Text in Early Christianity,” presented at the 2013 International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, St. Andrews, Scotland, 8 July 2013.
- “On the Way and Being the Way: Ecclesial Nature and Activity in Luke and Irenaeus,” presented at the Eucharist & Ecclesiology Conference: An Academic Colloquy Honoring Dr. Everett Ferguson, Abilene Christian University, 22 March 2013.
- “A Fall from the Way of Paradise: Second and Third Century Christian Interpretation of Genesis 3,” presented at the 2012 SBL International Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- “The Hegemony of Didache as Hermeneutical Lens: The Nature and Development of the Dominant Contemporary Trend for Interpreting Early Christian ὁδός-language,” presented at the 16th International Conference on Patristic Studies, Oxford University, August 11, 2011.
- “The Virtue Which Has Covered the Heavens: Gregory of Nyssa’s Incorporation of the Minor Prophets in His Homiletical Calls for Justice,” presented at the 58th Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Washington, DC, 16 November 2006.
- “Gregory Palamas’s Use of Gregory of Nyssa in 150 Chapters,” presented at the Archbishop Iakovos Graduate Student Conference in Patristic Studies, Brookline, MA, 24 March 2006.
Professional Academic Memberships
- 2003-Present North American Patristic Society
- 2003-Present American Society for Church History
- 2003-Present Evangelical Theological Society
- 2003-Present Society of Biblical Literature
- 2004-Present Seminar for the Development of Early Catholic Christianity
- 2004 Tenth Gregory of Nyssa Colloquium, Olomouc, Czech Republic