Barry K. Creamer
President and Professor of Humanities
- 2000 Ph.D., (Humanities: Philosophy and History), The University of Texas at Arlington
- 1994 M.Div., Criswell College
- 1985 B.A. (English), Baylor University
- 2014-present President, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2011-2014 Vice President of Academic Affairs, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2004-present Professor of Humanities, Criswell College, Dallas, TX
- 2001-present Adjunct Professor of Philosophy, University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), Arlington, TX
2000-2008 Adjunct/Associate Professor of Philosophy, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
Areas of instruction included: philosophy, philosophy of religion, ethics, bioethics
- 2013-2014 Interim Pastor, First Baptist Church, Sunnyvale, TX
- 2008 Interim Pastor, First Baptist Church, Madisonville, TX
- 2006-2007 Interim Pastor, Glen Meadows Baptist Church, San Angelo, TX
- 2005-2006 Interim Pastor, Bethany Baptist Church, Pleasant Grove, Dallas, TX
- 2004-2005 Interim Pastor, Hillcrest Park Baptist Church, Arlington, TX
- 1987-2004 Pastor, Woodland West Baptist Church, Arlington, TX
- 1987 Mission Pastor, Grace Church, Mission of Woodland West Baptist Church, Arlington, TX
- 1985-1987 Minister of Evangelism, Trinity Baptist Church, Arlington, TX
- 1982-1985 Mission Pastor, Campus Mission of Trinity Baptist Church, TSTI, Waco, TX
Scholarship & Presentations
- Host of For Christ and Culture, a Christian Worldview radio program heard on 90.9 FM KCBI in North Texas.
- “An Evangelical Perspective on Postmodernity,” Mishkan, issue 66, 2011.
- “Article XIII: Stewardship,” in The Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America’s Largest Protestant Denomination, ed. Doug Blount and Joe Wooddell (Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield, 2007).
- Cessationism,” The Criswell Theological Review, vol. 4, no.1, Fall 2006.
- “Obligations beyond Rights: Judith Jarvis Thompson Upside Down,” presented at Cutting-Edge Bioethics: Human Life on the Line, a conference of The Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity held at Criswell College, Fall 2005.
- “Moral Realism and Paired Donor Exchanges,” presented at Transplant Learning Conference, at Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Fall 2013.
- Notes, Commentary, and Expanded Paraphrase: Mark, Philippians, General Epistles, Revelation. Smashwords Electronic Publications. 2010.
- Revelation. Logos Research Systems, Inc. 2010. http://www.logos.com/product/5859/revelation.
Significant Activities of Service
Tarrant Baptist Association roles:
Personnel Committee (including as chair)
Committee on Ministries in Specialized Settings
Supervisor of Six Flags Chaplaincy
Student Ministries Committee
- Program Director, Steering Committee, Texas Falls Creek Youth Camp
- Revival, camp, preaching, and teaching engagements: Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, India, Russia
- The Greek World
- The Modern World
- American Culture
- American Culture (Contemporary Thought)
- Topics in Humanities: Ancient and Roman World
- Topics in Humanities: Greek and Medieval World
- Topics in Humanities: Early Modern and Modern world
- Senior Thesis
- Introduction to Biblical Exposition
- Sermon Delivery
- Preaching from the Old Testament
- Preaching from the New Testament
- Preparation of Expository Sermons
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Logic
- Introductions to Ethics
- Advanced Studies: Philosophical Topics: Moral Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
- Biblical Hermeneutics
- Critical Thinking
- Critical Thinking (M.Div. Philosophy)
- Moral Philosophy (M.Div. Philosophy)
- Philosophy of Language